The optional Return Lock on SCHMIDT® manual rack & pinion presses ensures full stroke of every press cycle. Once head height and stroke fine adjustment is complete, the release point can be adjusted.
The following steps guide you through an easy setup:
- Return the press handle to the home position
- With a hex wrench, loosen the bolt in the return lock until the red button can be rotated
- Now fully extend the ram
- Turn the cam slowly forward (clockwise), past the two lock positions, to the release position. Rotating the lock too quickly can result in a poor setup if you set release point too early, therefore incomplete or inaccurate press cycles could be possible.
- Tighten the bolt
- Verify for proper release of the ram
- Readjust the return lock if necessary
Once the return lock is properly adjusted, you can hear three clicks before the ram is released for return.
Toggle presses do not require a setup of the return lock since the full stroke position does not change.